Saturday, June 30, 2007

Favorite Marty Taras Scenes

Marty Taras has become one of my very favorite animators. His work is really slick and well-timed, and was great at doing Tex Avery style takes. He adds what I call 'jazz' to his work, that extra spark that separates him from his contemporaries.

This is a long post, be sure you scroll down to view all of them!

Rodeo Romeo (1946)
Popout


Much Ado About Mutton (1947)
Popout


The Old Shell Game (1948)
Popout


Mice Meeting You (1950)
Popout


Mice Paradise (1951)
Popout

(The spring gag isn't Marty's, just so gross, I wanted to include it.. Is it Morey Reden?)
Popout


Cat-Choo (1951)
Popout


Better Bait Than Never (1953)
Popout


Git Along Little Duckie (1955)

Popout


Watching these DailyMotion clips alone shows how lively and wonderful animated cartoons used to be. Why don't we have guys animating like Marty today?

BTW, I've launched a new blog where I'll post all of my non-animation related commie-bitch views. More posts to come on both blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment