Thursday, December 7, 2006

Giggle Comics: Ken Hultgren

Once in awhile, I'll post something off-topic, but not totally unrelated to animation. I love Golden Age funny animal comic books! My focus of interest has been on mainly the artists who drew the Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry, Disney, and Fox and Crow comics since they were at one point animators or layout artists on the shorts.

But I recently got into collecting the Giggle Comics line from the 1940s. These books are simply amazing! Just about every story features artwork animators, like Dan Gordon, Jack Bradury, Bob Wickersham, among others.

One of my new favorites is Ken Hultgren, who I unfortunately do not know much about. I believe he was at Disney's as only an inbetweener, but his artwork on stories featuring "The Duke and the Dope" is absolutley great!

WARNING: These stories are scanned at a high resolution so it may take a while to load.














No comments:

Post a Comment